About the Astrazeneca group:
The Astrazeneca group was created in 1999 following the merger of the Swedish company Astra and the British company Zeneca. Today, this group is one of the leaders in the world in the domain of pharmaceutical industry and produces a large part of the medicines and medical treatments sold on the market. The activities of the pharmaceutical group Astrazeneca can be divided according to the medical segments covered by its products and the turnover generated by each.
- The treatment of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases represents more than 35.3% of the group's turnover.
- The treatment of respiratory diseases accounts for 20.7% of the company's overall turnover.
- Oncology treatments represents 14.7% of the company's turnover.
- Finally, 22% of the company’s turnover is generated by the treatments of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, neurological diseases, gastrointestinal diseases and infectious diseases.
- The remaining 7.3% comes from research and studies services done by Astrazeneca for other major groups.
Astrazeneca currently generates most of its turnover in America, since this market now accounts for 39.9% of its total sales. Continental Europe generates 24.3% of its total turnover with 8% only in the United Kingdom. Then comes the market of Africa, Asia and Australia for a total share of 27.8% of the total turnover.
Astrazeneca’s main competitors:
As mentioned above, the Astrazeneca Group is one of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry in the world. Specifically, it ranks eighth in the world rankings in terms of turnover. To know who the direct competitors of this group are, here are the top 10 of these pharmaceutical companies in the world:
- The first place is occupied by the Swiss group Novartis.
- Second place is occupied by the US group Pfizer.
- The third place is occupied by the Swiss group Roche.
- The fourth place is occupied by the French group Sanofi.
- Fifth place is occupied by the US group Merck.
- Sixth place is occupied by the American group Johnson & Johnson.
- Seventh place is occupied by the British group GlaxoSmithKline.
- Eighth place is therefore occupied by the British group Astrazeneca.
- Ninth place is occupied by the American group Gilead Sciences.
- Finally, the tenth place is occupied by the American group AbbVie.
It is essential to know these competitors because the market for pharmaceuticals and drugs is currently one of the toughest and the market shares of each company that operates are constantly changing. We therefore advise you to carry out a complete study of the competition in this sector of activity before launching you in trading Astrazeneca shares online.
The main partners of Astrazeneca:
Of course and in order to remain at the forefront of innovation in the areas of research and development of new therapeutic products, the company Astrazeneca must rely on serious partners and cleverly chosen. In the past, it has set up various alliances with other companies in identical or complementary sectors.
In 2015, in particular, the Astrazeneca group teamed up with a New Zealand company, Adherium, to set up a collaboration around inhalation therapy for patients suffering from respiratory diseases. This new treatment will use the digital technologies created by Adherium.
In 2017, the Astrazeneca group also joined forces with the French group Unicancer, which specializes in the fight against cancer, to create a partnership aimed at conducting clinical research in order to put in place a national plan to fight against cancer. in Algeria. The two companies will first make an inventory on the ground before setting up a development program in the various centers of the country.
Also in 2017, Astrazeneca announced the establishment of a partnership with the American pharmaceutical group Merck in the field of oncology. This association aims to conduct research on the development of certain types of cancers with targeted clinical trials.
It goes without saying that other interesting partnerships could be set up by Astrazeneca in the years to come and could influence the course of this title and its evolution.
Astrazeneca share price analysis:
The historical technical analysis of the Astrazeneca stock price gives us, of course, valuable information on how this stock behaves in the face of different configurations and its main trends. We therefore propose to take you back in the history of the last ten years to help you to realize your own technical analysis of this action.
First and after falling to 1,879 GBX in March 2008 against a backdrop of global economic crisis, the stock experienced a first upward trend that allowed it to reach 2,888 GBX in November 2008 after a period of strong volatile and marked with significant correcting movements. In January 2009, however, he knows a bearish retracement probably motivated by profit taking and will return to the level of 2,147 GBX in March 2009.
That's when the stock begins its first real upward trend with interesting stability and small medium-term micromovements. This will allow it to reach the level of 3 379 GBX in November 2010. Just after this uptrend, a trend of equal volatility to the decline is emerging. It will end in June 2012 at 2,670GBX.
But the upward trend eventually gets the upper hand and the title goes back to earning points. There is then a significant increase to 4 800 GBX in April 2014, and then 4 847 GBX in March 2015 after a major attempt to retracement downward. As of May and because of the approach of the psychological high threshold of 5,000 GBX, investors are cautious and there is then a bearish retracement of this title towards the 3 793 GBX in June 2016.
It is in July of this year that we observe the most spectacular increase with the level of 5 105GBX reached in August. This level will be maintained until November with a retracement towards the 4 055 GBX in December 2016. The beginning of the year 2017 however will mark a return to the rise of the principal tendency since the title manages to reach 4 337 GBX in June 2017. It will then correct once again to 4,447 in August before starting up again and crossing the line of 5,000 GBX again.
Important stock market data about the Astrazeneca share:
We have just delivered a number of useful information that will help you to better analyze and therefore better trade the title Astrazeneca online. But you must also know this company and its position on the international stock market. This is why we now offer some general stock market data.
- In 2017, the total market capitalization of Astrazeneca is around 9,86,576,774.41 MGBX.
- The number of shares issued by Astrazeneca and outstanding on the market is in the order of 1,265,229,000.
- The Astrazeneca share price is currently listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in London.
- Astrazeneca is also part of the UK FTSE 100 index.
- The shareholding of Astrazeneca comprises 7.97% of the shares held by the BlackRock investment fund, 4.08% of the shares held by Investor and 3% of the shares held by the investment firm The Capita Group Company. . The rest of its shareholding is floating and therefore consists of independent or professional investors.
Where and how to trade on the price of Astrazeneca’s shares:
It is possible to take a position to buy or to sell on the course of Astrazeneca’s shares thanks to CDFs. In order to do this, start creating an account in a high-quality online platform.