General presentation of the Berkeley Group Company:
Let us now continue with a comprehensive presentation of this company and its principal activities. By knowing the sources of revenue of the Berkeley Group you will be in a better position to understand how its position may evolve over the coming months and years.
The Berkeley Group is a British company that exercises its activities in the real estate sector. More precisely, the Berkeley Group PLC is one of the leaders in the construction industry and that of real estate in Great Britain.
It can also be beneficial to know how the turnover is achieved by this company from various sectors to better analyse this asset.
- Private and collective residences represent 94.6% of this company’s turnover. The Berkeley Group sold 3,698 houses over the 2018/2019 period through the following brands amongst others; Berkeley Homes, St James and St George.
- The remainder of the turnover, 5.4%, is derived from the sale of advertising space.
The Berkeley Group currently employs 2,664 people and exercises its activities exclusively in the United Kingdom.
Know the competition to Berkeley Group’s shares:
Let us now examine the sector in which the Berkeley Group exercises its activities. In fact, the real estate market of the United Kingdom includes several major companies that you need to learn about as they are the direct competitors to the Berkeley Group and could therefore influence its share price on the stock markets. Here are details on this company’s major competitors:
- Barrat Developments PLC: This British company is one of the leaders in the construction industry in the UK, notably that of individual homes and it is also developing its activity in real estate home management.
- Redrow plc: This company mainly exercises its activities in the development of residential housing. It is notably present in the housing construction industry throughout the United Kingdom and Wales. Its principal activity is that of individual home construction.
- Taylor Wimpey plc: The Taylor Wimpey Company is also one of the leaders in construction in the United Kingdom in the residential sector. It mainly builds individual and collective homes.
- Countryside Properties PLC: Also known by the name Countryside, this construction and urban renovation company is based in the United Kingdom and exercises its activities mainly in London and the south west of England. The group is also present in the north west of the country.
- Bovis Homes Group: This construction company is also one of the top house builders in the United Kingdom as well as developing a promotional real estate activity alongside.
The strategic alliances implemented by the Berkeley Group:
Here you can learn more about the allies of the Berkeley Group with a precise example of a recent partnership implemented by this group:
- CoBuilder: This partnership was signed in 2018 with CoBuilder with the aim of increasing the efficacy of offsite construction through its subsidiary Berkeley Modular, specialised in modular construction. This partnership was the first in the residential sector and the two companies collaborated with the objective of defining the requirements regarding data and documentation for construction materials, components and equipment to be incorporated in the company’s volumetric modular solutions. This data would then be collected and digitalised using Product Data Templates. Berkeley’s subsidiary could then use these as well as the associated materials and equipment to construct a range of volumetric modular home products, designed to respond to advanced specifications and meet the high standards required by the group’s clients. The Berkeley Group also saw this partnership as a means of working with other companies in the supply chain including CoBuilder who wished to collaborate in the creation of the correct type of data in the right format using data that could be incorporated in an approach designed to use the latter’s technology in its new factory for the creation of products for the volumetric modular housing market.