General presentation of the Direct Line Company:
In order to trade effectively on the Direct Line share price, you must have a thorough knowledge of the company and its activities. Indeed, by having a good vision of the main sources of income of this group and its organization, you will be able to detect more easily the elements that can influence its share price.
Direct Line Insurance Group is a UK company and more specifically a group in the insurance sector. This group organizes its activity around four main poles which generate more or less of its income and that is as follows:
- Motor insurance activities represent the largest share of the Group's revenues with 43.4% of net earned premiums.
- This is followed by home insurance activities, which generate 29.3% of these net premiums.
- Commercial insurance activities come in third place with 15% of net earned premiums.
- Finally, property and casualty and personal insurance activities represent 12.3% of the Group's net earned premiums.
While Direct Line had previously been active all over the world, in September 2014, the Group sold its international insurance business.
Know the competition to Direct Line’s shares:
To detect future movements in the Direct Line share price, you will also need to be familiar with the company's direct competitors. Here are the main ones:
- Aviva: This company is also an insurance group that operates in 14 different countries around the world and is one of the largest in the industry in the UK. It is also one of the world leaders in the sector.
- Prudential Insurance Company of America: this American company also offers financial and insurance products and services worldwide. It operates in more than 30 countries, including the United Kingdom, and is therefore a competitor of Direct Line.
- Admiral Group: Finally, Admiral Group is another British insurance company, this time specialising in motor insurance and based in Wales. It is also listed on the London Stock Exchange and is part of the FTSE 100 stock market index.
Do not hesitate to closely follow these few competitors of Direct Line as well as their important communications before taking any position on this share on the stock market.
The strategic alliances implemented by the Direct Line Group:
The Direct Line Group has also sometimes set up strategic partnerships with other companies in order to boost its growth or to stand out from the competition. Here is a concrete example:
- Saatchi & Saatchi: Recently, Direct Line collaborated with the company Saatchi & Saatchi in the development of a prototype drone called Fleetlights, which is designed to light the way for people who are afraid of the dark. This device works with a smartphone application and uses the GPS of the device to locate the user and the drone follows him to light his way. The company Saatchi & Saatchi was responsible for creating the campaign to promote this solution in the UK.
Of course, and as part of your analysis of the Delta Airlines share price, you must first and foremost focus on the company's future partnerships in order to take advantage of the trends they may generate.