General presentation of CGI:
Let's try and learn a little more about the CGI Company and its activities with some explanations on its main products and services and therefore its sources of income.
The CGI Group Inc. is an independent Canadian company specializing in information technology or IT consulting services. It offers a range of services, from IT and business consulting to systems integration, as well as outsourcing services and intellectual property solutions. The group offers its services on the basis of a model of local relations with its customers and a global network of services.
The following services are provided:
- Strategic consulting services in management and IT with business intelligence, business transformation, change management, cybersecurity and consulting services.
- Business process management with customer service and invoicing options, payment, corporate, collection, engineering and logistics services, document and data services, and services of business process management.
- System integration services.
- Development and management of applications.
- Infrastructure services
- Exclusive business solutions based on intellectual property.
- Digital transformation services
Knowing CGI shares competition:
Although the CGI group is currently one of the leaders in its sector of activity worldwide, it is still facing competition from many other companies and in particular from a few large groups which directly threaten its market share. Here is a presentation of the main adversaries of CGI in the current market:
- Capgemini : This French company specializing in digital services was created in 1967 and today ranks among the largest companies in its sector of activity in the world. The company is currently listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and is part of the national CAC 40 stock market index.
- Atos : Next comes the Atos group which is also French and has existed since 1997. It also specializes in digital services and is one of the largest groups in this sector with activities in more than 73 countries and over 110,000 employees. It's also the leader in cloud, cybersecurity and supercomputing in Europe.
- IBM : Of course, the American computer giant IBM is also in the race for IT services to businesses and also offers computer hardware and software.
- Sopra Steria : Finally, CGI's last major competitor is once again a French company, Sopra Steria, which is a digital services company and consulting firm in digital transformation. It offers consultancy and technological services such as system integration, infrastructure management and even business process execution. It is also a business software publisher.
The strategic alliances set up by the CGI group:
In addition to CGI's competitors, learn a little more about the allies of this group with two tangible examples of large-scale partnerships that the group has been able to put in place in recent years:
- Scaled Agile: The first partnership we are going to tell you about is the one signed with Scaled Agile in 2019 for which it became the first global transformation partner. The company has taken advantage of the Scaled Agile management framework that is part of its portfolio of services and solutions to offer comprehensive consulting services to its clients and improve their results. This collaboration demonstrates once again the ability of this company to offer added value to the most complex large companies all over the world.
- Michelin : In 2014, CGI created a major partnership with the French group Michelin. This company specializing in information technology services and Michelin solutions, the subsidiary of Michelin, signed a contract for a period of 4 years. Michelin solutions offers solutions dedicated to fleets of heavy goods vehicles, buses, vans and civil engineering through the design, development and sale of innovative solutions in terms of efficiency, productivity and mobility, including the outsourcing of pneumatic tube, roadside assistance, improved management of semi-trailer fleets and even lower fuel consumption. This partnership is not the first, since Michelin has trusted CGI since 2012 for the implementation and optimization of its IT tools.
The strengths and advantages of CGI shares as a stock market asset:
Regarding the major strengths of this CGI group, the following points should be noted in particular:
- First of all, the CGI group is currently one of the largest providers of IT services in the world and therefore benefits from a strong reputation.
- The CGI group's workforce is also one of its strengths. Keep in mind that the CGI group currently employs over 72,000 people around the world.
- The international development strategy of this company is also appreciated which is present in more than 43 different countries at present.
- From a strategic point of view, CGI makes a point of making strategic acquisitions in order to increase its number of clients.
- Finally, the fact that CGI has both expertise in business solutions and IT is another of its major strengths.
The weak points and disadvantages of the CGI share as a stock market asset:
It's also important to know the drawbacks of this value and therefore you'll find the weak points of the company listed below:
- First of all, the company lacks transparency with regard to its employees, which leads to strong dissatisfaction among the latter and can tarnish its brand image.
- Finally, the CGI group is particularly exposed to policy changes which are frequent and which can, in certain cases, cause operational problems.