To ensure you purchase MasterCard shares at the right time and implement an effective investment strategy we offer you the opportunity to learn all the useful information you need here for your analyses of this asset. We will provide detailed information on the activities of this company and the sources of its revenue. We will then examine its direct environment together with its major competitors and the most recent partnerships implemented by the group. And finally, we will explain how to complete a comprehensive fundamental analysis of this company so you can monitor the most influential publications and announcements.
General presentation of the MasterCard Company:
Possessing a clear understanding of the MasterCard Company and its activities in detail together with its sources of revenue is necessary if you wish to implement a high quality trading strategy on this asset. Here therefore is a detailed presentation of this company.
MasterCard Inc. is an American group that operates in the financial services sector. More precisely, this company is specialised in the production and marketing of credit and debit cards.
To better understand the activities of this group it is possible to divide them into two major categories in the following manner:
- Firstly, the sale of payment methods represents the largest part of this group’s revenue. MasterCard actually issues and markets credit cards and debit cards, travellers cheques, online payment cards and other similar payment methods. The brands owned and operated by this group include MasterCard, Maestro and Cirrus.
- The second major activity sector of this group is that of the provision of services such as advice, assistance and information services and the management of partners’ networks.
Although MasterCard is based in the United States the group actually achieves over 64.4% of its turnover internationally.
Know the competition to MasterCard shares:
Apart from possessing a good knowledge of the MasterCard Group and its activities it is essential to understand the economical environment in which it operates. This is why we will now examine the major competitors of this company that currently operate in this market.
- Visa: Of course, the Visa Group is the principal competitor of MasterCard. This company is also specialised in the issue and marketing of payment cards such as credit and debit cards as well as online payment cards, prepaid cards and others. It also offers advice, assistance, and information services as well as partnership network management. Visa achieves 55.3% of its turnover internationally.
- American Express Company: The other major competitor to MasterCard is the American Express Company which is specialised in the issue and sale of credit and debit cards particularly in the travel sector for the payment of expenses such as hotel rooms, tickets, and restaurants among other things. The major part of this group’s revenue is from sales using this means of payment to individuals but this company also provides the same payments service to small and large businesses as well as management services to partners’ networks.
Strategic alliances implemented by the MasterCard Group:
The MasterCard Group does not only have adversaries, it also has a number of allies with which it regularly implements strategic partnerships and joint ventures. Here we offer you the opportunity to learn about their most recent partnership ventures:
- Bunq: In 2019 MasterCard and Bunq announced a strengthening of their partnership aimed at promoting the Bunq Green Card through the MasterCard network. This particular card has a strong ecological aspect in that for every €100 spent a tree is planted. This offer was enlarged to include 30 European countries.
- Treezor: Another recent partnership to note is that implemented between Treezor and MasterCard. Treezor is a fintech subsidiary of the Société Générale and the leader in the ‘Bank as a service’ platforms. Treezor attained its position as leader in mobile payments through the MasterCard MDES digital platform on the French financial market. The recent strengthening of this partnership will enable fintechs to improve their reputation in reliability, rapidity and innovation through their development in Europe.