General presentation of the Pinterest Company:
We now offer you the opportunity to learn more about the Pinterest Company and its activities with a full presentation of this company which will enable you to better understand its economic model and income sources.
The Pinterest Group Inc. is an American company specialised in the social network sector. More precisely, it is a visual browsing engine as the company uses a platform of this type whereby the users can create and manage thematic collections of images and ideas to be shared with other users.
The visual browsing platform of Pinterest operates like a virtual dashboard whereby users use pins to share certain events, ideas, visits or images and photos on the internet or find and share recipes or tutorials.
One of the advantages of Pinterest is that its online platform integrates an image recognition technology which enables users to take a photo using their smartphone and obtain information and ideas related to the subject of their photo.
Pinterest generates its revenue through the provision of online marketing services aimed at large brands. The professional clients can thereby be connected to users whose interests and tastes coincide with the brand client’s products.
At present Pinterest employs 2,217 people around the world.
Know the competition facing Pinterest shares:
Pinterest has a number of major competitors on the market; here as follows we provide detailed information on them:
- Google : This American internet giant is of course in the running as Google+ offers a service relatively similar to that of Pinterest named ‘Collections’. This is a programme that displays trends that users may consult from their search history. It is thereby possible to save these collections and browse through them at a later date as they are integrated into a dashboard in the Google application on Android or on the Google.com website.
- Instagram: This application and social network also enables users to share photos and videos. It has existed since 2010 and has belonged to the Facebook Group since 2012. Instagram currently boasts over a billion users worldwide.
- Flickr: Finally, the last major competitor to Pinterest is Flickr which is a website for freely sharing photographs and videos with certain functions that are however payable. This extremely popular website enables its users to share personal photographs but is also used by a community of professional photographers. This website currently hosts over 13 billion photographs with no less than 122 million members and 2 million different groups.
The strategic alliances implemented by the Pinterest Group:
Let us now examine the recent partnerships that Pinterest has implemented which were favourable to its stock market share price:
- Reech: In 2019 the Pinterest Group became associated with the Reech Company, specialised in influential marketing, in order to assist brands in their collaboration with creators who subscribe to the platform. Pinterest was thereby equipped with the Reech Influence Cloud TM which is a global tool for announcers and which offers identification, qualification, activation, compliance, measuring and smart modules. In this way the announcers can qualify and activate the creators through this qualitative and quantitative data.
- Maisons du Monde: Another strategic partnership was extended with Maisons du Monde in 2018. This was related to a new function called ‘Shop the Look’ which enables users to buy the products they find on Pinterest by clicking directly on a link present in the images that redirects them to the Maisons du Monde website.