General presentation of the Shopify Company:
Let us take a moment to examine the Shopify Company and its principal sources of revenue. In fact, by learning how the company generates its income you will be able to more easily detect the factors that could lead to an increase or decrease in this company’s share price on the stock markets.
Shopify Inc. is a Canadian company that offers a multichannel commercial cloud platform specifically created for small and medium companies. This company thereby offers subscription solutions as well as sales solutions to its clients.
The different software applications developed and marketed by Shopify are destined for merchants that use them to manage their companies through different sales channels with storefront and mobile sites, physical retail outlets, shops and social media as well as marketplaces. From the Shopify platform the merchants can obtain an overall view of their activities on all the sales channels and manage their products and stocks, process orders and payments, dispatch orders, establish relationships with their clients and complete analyses and reports through a back office system.
This platform also integrates an optimised checkout system for smartphones with the aim of offering client consumers the opportunity to purchase products on the mobile websites with the possibility of paying using Apple Pay.
Know the competition to Shopify shares:
Still with the objective of comprehensively analysing the Shopify share price and its growth perspective over time, you should of course be fully aware of the competition in this activity sector. This is why we now offer you a presentation of the current major competitors to the Shopify Company.
- BigCommerce: This company is also specialised in private technology with an SaaS e-commerce platform. BigCommerce is an American company based in Texas that was created in 2009. Among the functions available through this platform we note the groups and classifications of clients, SEO optimisation and web hosting.
- Wix: This is a platform enabling the creation of HTML5 websites in a mobile version. This platform also serves small and medium merchants with an online payment module for e-commerce.
- Prestashop: Yet another competitor to Shopify but this one is an open source web application enabling the creation of online e-commerce websites. This solution is currently one of the most popular on the market.
- Amazon: Finally, we would also take into account the competition from the giant Amazon which is specialised in e-commerce and also offers traders the opportunity to sell their products directly online from their platform without the need to create their own website.
The strategic alliances implemented by the Shopify Group:
To conclude let us examine the most recent partners of Shopify and the strategic alliances implemented by the company that have enabled it to progress in terms of growth and development over this time:
- Cdiscount: In January 2020 Cdiscount and Shopify announced their partnership and the accompanying launch of the Cdiscount Feed application enabling merchants that use Shopify to also sell their articles on the Cdiscount marketplace. Both companies collaborated on the development of this tool aimed at developing the online activity of the French sellers of Shopify and thereby strengthened their partnership by combining their abilities.
- EBrand Commerce: In 2019 eBrand Commerce, a partner of Magento, also entered into a partnership with Shopify. This agency that is specialised in e-commerce for premium brands was launched in France and represents a new multi-channel platform for merchants through this partnership. Up to this point eBrand Commerce worked exclusively with Magento but it can now offer prospects a new e-commerce solution that has already proved its worth worldwide.