General presentation of Splunk :
We now invite you to learn more about the Splunk company. With a good knowledge of the company's activities and its main sources of income, you will be better able to understand how its growth can behave in the long term.
The Splunk Group is an American company specialized in the development and sale of software solutions. In particular, it offers a real-time data collection and indexing activity that allows the generation of graphs, reports, dashboards and others.
In order to better understand Splunk's activities, they can be divided into different divisions according to the share of turnover they generate and in this way :
- The sale of software licenses generates 57.1% of the company's revenue from the sale of software for the management of information systems, applications and databases.
- Maintenance services represent 33.4% of the Group's turnover.
- Finally, the remaining 9.5% of turnover comes from ancillary services and products such as cloud services.
To know the competition of the Splunk action :
Let's now discover the direct competitors of the Splunk Group with a presentation of the major international players in this sector of activity:
- Tibco Software: This American IT company is specialized in infrastructure software for organizations in a context of cloud computing. Tibco supports information management, decision making, processes and real-time applications for more than 4,000 customers.
- IBM: This American company is a multinational corporation specializing in hardware, software and IT services.
- HP: The Hewlett Packard Company Group is an American multinational company formerly specializing in electronics and which has expanded into the computer, software, server and network sector.
- Microsoft Corporation: This other American computer and microcomputer multinational is currently one of the largest market capitalisations in the world and one of Splunk's major competitors.
The strategic alliances set up by the Splunk Group :
Of course, Splunk doesn't only have enemies on the market and can also count on valuable allies. Here are some concrete examples of the company's recent strategic partnerships:
- Google: First of all, we're going to talk here about a strategic partnership that Splunk signed in 2020 with the Google group and more specifically with Google Cloud. The goal here is to help extract actionable information from data in order to accelerate decision making with a system offering real-time visibility into hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- Orange: Another interesting strategic partnership has been set up, this time in 2017, with the Orange Group. Indeed, Splunk has joined forces with the French giant's Orange Applications for Business business, which has entrusted it with the monitoring of its software development platform. The Orange Group has an OAB or Orange Applications for Business division which specialises in several areas of digital business transformation, customer experience, Big Data and the Internet of Things, as well as web portals and mobile applications.