About the Vodafone Group:
The Vodafone Group is English; it is also the current world leader in mobile telecommunications. However its range of activities is actually quite diverse. The group’s turnover is mainly derived from mobile telephone services although 15% of this is from fixed telephone services providing telephone and internet access.
Although the major part of its activity occurs in Europe, particularly Germany and the United Kingdom, Vodafone’s market also touches Africa, Asia and other areas.
Vodafone’s main competition:
The Vodafone company is currently one of the biggest telecom operators in the world. However, it’s strongly rivalled by a few other big companies in the same line of business which you must necessarily be familiar with before committing yourself to trading its stock. In order to help you do this, here is the ranking of world’s top operators based on total revenue:
- America’s AT&T is number one with 163.8 billion dollars in sales.
- Verizon Communications is also American and is second with 103.6 billions of dollars in sales.
- China Mobile Communication is third with 103.6 billion dollars in sales.
- Japan’s Nippon Telegraph and Telephone is fourth with 101.5 billions of dollars.
- Deutsche Telekom is ranked as fifth with 77.5 billions of dollars.
- Vodafone ranks sixth with 55.5 billions of dollars.
- Spain’s Téléfonica is seventh.
- Mexico’s America Movil is eighth.
- French operator Orange is ninth.
- The tenth place is occupied by Japan’s NTT DoCoMo.
Vodafone’s main partners:
- In 2003, Vodafone signed a partnership with HP, Microsoft and Extended Systems in order to offer its professional clients VPIM solutions.
- In 2016, SFR Numericable announced that it could continue the partnership which it had established in 2002 with Vodafone, at least until 2020. This deal touched on the pooling of leadership as well as both of the companies' expertise in order to cater to the needs of French and foreign multinationals regarding telecommunications.
- Finally, in 2017, Vodafone finalised its partnership with the Liberty Global company in view of a joint venture based in the Netherlands which will be owned in equal shares by both companies and which will be named VodafoneZiggo Group.
Price analysis of Vodafone shares:
The price of Vodafone shares is currently quoted on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and is integrated in the calculations of the Stoxx Europe 50 stock market index.
The historical charts over the last ten years show us an overall rising trend that continues even now, and is punctuated by micro-movements.