General presentation of ABB:
Check out a complete presentation of the ABB Company which will allow you to deepen your basic knowledge about this stock as well as better understand the evolution prospects of this share on the stock market.
The ABB group is a Swiss company specializing in the industrial capital goods sector. More precisely, it's one of the leaders of this sector worldwide carrying out the design, the manufacture and the sale of this equipment.
To better understand ABB's activities, it is possible to divide them into several divisions according to the percentage of turnover they generate like this:
- Automation systems with electrical protection systems for measuring and controlling fluids, production process control systems for oil and gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, marine, and mining industries paper mills represent nearly 55.9% of the group's turnover, in addition to robots and modular systems.
- Power transmission and distribution products and systems account for the remaining 44.1% of this company's revenue with transformers, medium voltage power distribution products such as circuit breakers, switches, fuses, sensors and products for high voltage electrical distribution such as capacitors and switches as well as automatic systems for power stations. ABB also offers turnkey installation services for transmission systems.
From a geographical distribution point of view of the ABB group's activities, note that it achieves 36.1% of its turnover in Europe, 32% in the Americas and 31.9% in Asia Middle East Africa.
Knowing ABB shares competition:
Let's explore the economic environment of the ABB group with its main competitors in the market presented in detail here:
- Siemens : This German company specializes in the energy, health, industrial and construction sectors and also offers a number of products and services similar to those offered by ABB. It is the first engineering company in Europe.
- Schneider Electric : This French industrial group specializes in electricity management products, automation and solutions adapted to these businesses. It is of course one of the leaders in this sector of international activity.
- Eaton Corporation: This American Company is also specialized in electrical systems as well as hydraulic systems. The group's head office was recently moved from Cleveland to Dublin and Eaton Corporation is a member of the European Association of Automotive Equipment Manufacturers.
- Emerson: Finally, the Emerson group is another multinational in this sector based in the United States. This company offers a wide range of engineering services to manufacturers and sales reps, particularly in the electrical segment, and is present in over 150 different countries.
The strategic alliances set up by the ABB group:
Although the ABB group has some major competitors, seen above, it also has some allies that listed below along with some examples of strategic partnerships recently set up by the group:
- Dassault Systèmes : The ABB Group announced a partnership with Dassault Systèmes in 2019 aimed at offering digital industry customers a unique portfolio of software solutions, from product lifecycle management to asset health monitoring. The two companies offer their customers an end-to-end service with open and advanced digital solutions aimed at improving their competitiveness and the life cycle of their products while improving flexibility, speed and manufacturing and operating productivity.
- WWA: Earlier, ABB's subsidiary ABB Robotics also entered into a partnership with WWA, a company specializing in unique manufacturing processes. This partnership, which took effect in 2020, is the result of a long-standing partnership between the two companies. Through this new agreement, the two companies will intensify their cooperation. Remember that WWA produces innovative applications and solutions that are based on the ABB Robotics product range and that use the group's RobotStudio in order to program and perform simulations, particularly using virtual reality technology.