General presentation of the AMS Company:
Let us now examine some supplementary information about the AMS Company as well as its activities and retail products to better understand the environment in which it exercises its activities and the principal challenges it faces.
The Austria Mikro Système Company, or AMS AG, is an Austrian company specialised in the new technology sector. More precisely this company exercises its activities in the design, manufacture and sales of semi conductors.
To better understand the activities of this group it is possible to divide them into several sectors according to the amount of turnover each sector generates and how they do so:
- The sale of products is the principal source of income for this group and enables it to achieve nearly 97.7% of its annual turnover. The products sold include captors, transmitters, power convertors, interface captors, integrated circuits and other items which are notably destined for the industrial market, the automobile sector, the health sector and mobile communications.
- The remaining 2.3% of this company’s turnover is generated through foundry service activities provided for third parties.
It is equally advantageous to know the geographical distribution of this group’s activities as AMS currently achieves 16.7% of its turnover in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 81.3% in Pacific Asia and 2% in America.
Know the competition to AMS shares:
You now have the opportunity to learn about the direct competition to the AMS Company with a brief presentation of each of the major companies in this activity sector which represent the main adversaries to this company.
- NVidia Corporation: This company is particularly specialised in the design of graphic processors, graphics cards and graphics microchips for PCs and games consoles.
- Intel Corporation: This American company is currently the world leader in the semi conductor sector in terms of turnover.
- Infineon: This company, a subsidiary of Siemens AG, is a German company specialised in semi conductors. It has been quoted on the stock markets since the year 2000. Infineon is the largest seller of components for micro chips.
- AMD: Advanced Micro Devices is an American specialist of semi conductors, microprocessors and graphics cards.
- NortonLifeLock: Previously known as Symantec, this American company is specialised in IT software.
The strategic alliances implemented by the AMS Group:
We now offer you the opportunity to learn more about the strategic partnerships that the AMS Group has implemented over recent years with details of two particular examples of alliances with other companies.
- Ibeo Automotive Systems: In 2019 AMS signed a partnership agreement with two German companies, Ibeo Automotive Systems and ZF Friedrichschafen with the objective of collaborative research. These three companies worked together to promote the future of Lidar remote sensing laser technology in the autonomous vehicles sector. This technology actually uses optic sensors that enable the measuring of the distance and direction of nearby objects.
- MEGVII: Still in 2019 AMS became associated with the Chinese pioneer in artificial intelligence, MEGVII, through a strategic partnership. This collaborative agreement concerned the marketing of 3D facial recognition solutions for electronic consumer products as well as for industry. The two companies clearly stated that their aim was to launch the first facial recognition range for different smart applications for sectors including domestic automation, retail sales, construction and security that were totally independent of the user’s mobile telephone.