General presentation of Aurora Cannabis:
Let's now discover the company that is Aurora Cannabis by trying to learn more about its activities and its main sources of income. This knowledge is essential if you want to make a good analysis of this value taking into account the different sectors and segments on which it bases its profit strategy.
The Aurora Cannabis group is a Canadian company that specializes in medical cannabis. It is currently one of the leaders in this sector of the world.
To carry out its activities, Aurora Cannabis has several subsidiaries and manages two different operating sectors as well as a head office. The group also has several horizontally integrated companies. Through its activities in the medical cannabis segment, Aurora Cannabis produces and distributes cannabis for therapeutic purposes in Canada and also supplies cannabis wholesale in the European Union. But that's not all. This company also markets indoor growing systems and hemp-based food products. Each year, more than 625000 kilos of cannabis are produced by this group, which employs 2779 people worldwide.
It is interesting to know how the turnover of this company is distributed between the different markets from a geographical point of view. Aurora Cannabis thus generates most of its turnover in Canada. The European Union only represents 4.8% of its turnover and the rest of the world only 1.4%.
Know the competition of the Aurora Cannabis share:
After having read the essential information concerning Aurora Cannabis, we suggest that you learn a little more about its sector of activity by taking a closer look at its direct competitors. Aurora Cannabis is indeed one of the giants of this industry in the world, but still has some important opponents here:
- Canopy Growth Corporation: This multi-brand Canadian company also operates through various subsidiaries and offers the production and sale of legal cannabis on the medical market in Canada. Unlike Aurora Cannabis, it also offers recreational cannabis in this same market.
- Tilray Incorporation: This is number 3 in this sector. This company is engaged in the pharmaceutical sector and supplies cannabis-based products to pharmaceutical distributors. Its activities are particularly focused on medical research on cannabis, the cultivation, processing and distribution of cannabis products around the world. It also produces and markets other hemp-based products through a specific subsidiary, including hemp heart, hemp oil, hemp granola, hemp protein powder and hemp milk. Tilray also offers cannabis products to patients in certain countries of the world and across five continents through subsidiaries located in Australia, Canada and Germany. Its medical cannabis is produced only in Canada and Europe.
- Trulieve Cannabis Corp: Finally, Aurira Cannabis' last serious competitor is Trulieve Cannabis, which is also a vertically integrated Canadian company that sells licensed medical cannabis seeds. This company cultivates and manufactures its products on the internet and distributes them to dispensary stores under its own brand but also directly to patients through a home delivery service.
The strategic alliances set up by the Aurora Cannabis group:
Of course, Aurora Cannabis would not have become the company it is today without certain allies. It is therefore very important to pay attention to the various partnerships that this group can set up with other companies. Here are some concrete examples of such partnerships.
- UFC: The first partnership we will tell you about was set up in 2019 with the American mixed martial arts organization UFC in order to test CBD products on athletes to relieve their pain. A first phase of research was thus carried out in the laboratory to understand the possible uses of this ingredient for high performance athletes and the development of suitable products. A second phase should consist of testing these products on volunteer athletes in order to validate their safety and effectiveness.
- McGill University: Another partnership was set up the same year with McGill University as part of an international medical research project carried out jointly by the two entities, the aim of which is to study the therapeutic effects and impact on human health of cannabidiol oil to treat chronic pain and anxiety or depression.
- Coca-Cola: Finally, according to certain sources, Aurora Cannabis and Coca-Cola are currently discussing a possible rapprochement in the field of therapeutic cannabis with the possibility for the American group to market in the future beverages containing cannabis infusions.