Before buying Credit Suisse shares online we offer you the opportunity to read all the essential information on this asset including its real time share price as well as a historical technical analysis of its share price and some information on the group’s activities.
General presentation of the Credit Suisse Company:
The Credit Suisse Group is currently one of the leaders in the financial world on an international and global level. It mainly offers private banking services and wealth management as well as investment banking services.
The group manages no less than 316.5 billion Euros of outstanding deposits and 252.1 billion Euros in outstanding loans. It primarily concerns the Swiss market as well as Europe, the Middle East, Africa, America and Pacific Asia.
Know the competition of Credit Suisse shares:
Credit Suisse is currently one of the major banks in Switzerland but also exercises its systemic banking activities of investment banking in Europe and the rest of the world. It is therefore very important to know and understand the competition in various banking sectors to be able to trade effectively in this share price on the stock markets. We therefore offer you the opportunity to learn about the major competitors of the Credit Suisse bank in Switzerland and elsewhere in the world.
- In the Swiss banking sector: Credit Suisse holds the number two position in Switzerland, just after UBS. It is followed by Raiffeisen, the Banque Cantonale Zurichoise and Julius Baer.
- Systemic Level 2 banking: Throughout the world and regarding its systemic level 2 investment banking activities the major competitors of Credit Suisse are Barclays which is number one in this sector, as well as Goldman Sachs, ICBC, Mitsubishi and Wells Fargo.
- Worldwide: To summarise, Credit Suisse is the ninth largest investment bank worldwide after Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J P Morgan, Bank of America, Deutsche Bank and Citigroup but just above UBS and Barclays.
Strategic alliances implemented by the Credit Suisse Group:
To conclude, here are the major partnerships implemented by the Credit Suisse Group over the last few years.
- Qatar Holdings: In 2012 Credit Suisse implemented a partnership with Qatar Holdings, a subsidiary of the sovereign investment fund Qatar Investment Authority, in order to create a joint wealth management company.
- Other partners: In 2016 the UBS Group and Credit Suisse jointly launched a fintech accelerator with other partners including Swisscom, Swiss Life and Ernst & Young.
- Metisis: Still in the fintech sector, in 2017 Credit Suisse orchestrated a partnership with the Singapore company Metisis, a specialist in financial technology, with the aim of strengthening its private banking digital platform in Asia.
Introduction and quotation of the Credit Suisse shares:
The Credit Suisse share price is currently quoted on the Main Standard of the SIX Swiss Exchange and is included in the calculation of the FTSE Eurotop 100 stock market index.
The historical stock market share price charts show that this asset has lost numerous points over the last ten years with several successive bearish waves. A major drop first occurred between May 2007 and March 2009 leading to a fall in the share price to 30.54 CHF and despite an attempted recovery towards 60 CHF it continued to fall and passed under the 20 CHF bar in January 2016.
Stock market data
To close this article dedicated to trading in Credit Suisse shares, we now offer you the opportunity to read some general information that is however extremely important as you will need to understand the challenges that face this asset. You will of course learn some key facts and figures relating to the stock market share price of the Credit Suisse Company as well as information about its position on the international stock markets. In this way you can be sure to have all the knowledge you need to implement a comprehensive investment strategy that takes all the primordial aspects into consideration before speculating on this asset on the stock markets.
- In 2017 the Credit Suisse Company boasted a stock market capital of 30,428.91 million Swiss Francs.
- The number of shares issued by the Credit Suisse Company and currently in circulation on the stock markets is around 2,089,897,000.
- The Credit Suisse share price is currently quoted on the Main Standard of the SIX Swiss Exchange in Switzerland.
- The Credit Suisse Company shares are also included in the European stock market index the FTSE Eurotop 100 and this company is therefore one of the top 100 companies with the highest share market capital in Europe.
- Shareholdings in the Credit Suisse Company are as follows: 5.41% are held by the Olayan Group, 5.17% by Harris Associates, 4.99% of the shares are held by Norges Bank and 4.93% by the Qatar Investment Authority, 4.91% are held by the Capital Group Companies, and 3.01% of the shares are held by the Black Rock Investment Fund. The rest of the Credit Suisse shares are floating and shared among individual and institutional investors. These are traded freely on the international stock markets.
The advantages and strong points of Credit Suisse shares as stock market assets:
Concerning the advantages that Credit Suisse offers we first note the fact that this banking group has a number of franchises with strong brands in activity sectors that represent the heart of its activity sector. In this way Credit Suisse benefits from a strong reputation and popularity with the general public.
The strategy implemented by Credit Suisse regarding its development over the long term is also another strong point for this group which relies heavily on the sustainability of its revenue rather than significant profits over the short term. This data confers Credit Suisse shares with a certain security which is highly appreciated by investors and shareholders.
Recently the Credit Suisse Group has also proceeded with the merger of its private banking operations. This operation has been undertaken at a good time strategically speaking and has enabled the group to strengthen its position in this particularly competitive sector.
Of course, the strong presence of the Credit Suisse Group throughout the world is also a real advantage for this financial company. In fact, it should be remembered that this group currently employs over 50,000 people worldwide and has agencies in over 50 different countries.
From the point of view of the marketing strategy implemented by the Credit Suisse Group, the choice of being mainly represented at major sporting events is also a judicious idea that offers this bank increased visibility with its targeted sector.
The disadvantages and weak points of Credit Suisse shares in terms of stock market assets:
Firstly, although the Credit Suisse Group relies significantly on sponsoring to gain visibility we note that this visibility remains less than its competitors. This group should therefore make more efforts to popularise its brand and thereby gain new clients and increase its prospects.
We also regret that the Credit Suisse Group has trouble in achieving a sustainable and effective performance in its investment banking sector activities. Luckily this weakness is partially compensated by its private banking activities that remain the core activity of this major bank.
Although the disadvantages of this bank may seem few to you compared to its obvious strengths this should not deter you from taking them into consideration before you take position on the share price of this asset using CFDs.