General presentation of Lockheed Martin :
We now invite you to discover a slightly more detailed presentation of Lockheed Martin and its main sources of profit.
The Lockheed Martin Group is an American company specialising in the defence sector and in the design, production and sale of aeronautical, submarine and space systems.
In order to better understand the activities of this group, they can be divided into several divisions according to the share of turnover they generate :
- The sale of aeronautical systems represents 39.6% of the group's sales, including military aircraft and civil aircraft for government agencies.
- The sale of underwater electronic and tactical systems represents 25.3% of the company's turnover with avionics systems, radars, sensors, training systems and simulators, optical systems, surveillance and reconnaissance systems, simulation or training systems.
- The sale of space systems generates 18.2% of the group's revenue from satellite, missile and space transport systems.
- Finally, the sale of defence systems generates 16.9% of the group's revenue with air and missile defence systems, tactical missiles, precision strike weapons systems, fire control systems and others. The group also offers mission support, preparation, technical support and integration services.
Know the competition of the Lockheed Martin share:
Let's now take a look at the industry in which Lockheed Martin operates with a presentation of its main current competitors in the market.
- Airbus : First of all, the Airbus group is a French multinational company specialising in the space, aeronautics and military sectors. It was formerly known as EADS.
- Thales: Another French electronics group that also specialises in aerospace, defence, security and ground transportation. It is listed on the stock exchange and operates in 68 countries around the world. Thales is one of the leaders in defence, aeronautics, space and security equipment.
- Dassault : This group, a French aircraft manufacturer, also has subsidiaries in the aerospace and security sectors.
- Raytheon: This American company specialises in the defence systems and electronics sectors as well as in aerospace. It is currently one of the world leaders in the field of military equipment sales. Note that in 2012, this company merged with United Technologies.
- BAE Systems: This British company specialises in the defence and aerospace sector. It operates in North America through its subsidiary BAE Synstems Inc. and is one of the largest defence companies in the world today.
The strategic alliances set up by the Lockheed Martin Group :
Finally, we would like to share with you two examples of recent partnerships implemented by Lockheed Martin that will help you understand the importance of these types of strategic alliances:
- Solvay: In 2019, Lockheed Martin signed a research and innovation partnership with the Solvay group in Belgium in the field of advanced composite materials for the aeronautics industry. This agreement is part of the ESI or "Essential Safety Interests" measures linked to the Belgian contract for the F-35 programme.
- Blue Origin: Also in 2019 and within the framework of the International Astronautical Congress, Blue Origin set up an American industrial team to participate in NASA's Artemis programme and send men to the moon in 2024. It will thus collaborate with Lockheed Martin and other companies to build a lunar lander.