Are you interested in the Moderna stock and want to invest in this value quickly? You'll learn a little more about the company and its economic environment in this article. With precise information on the activities of this company, its sources of revenue or even its main competitors and partners, you'll have all the data in hand to set up the most effective trading strategy. We'll also provide you with some useful data about its stock market listing as well as advice to help you carry out your fundamental analyses.
General presentation of Moderna Company:
Here, you can check out the Moderna Company and its main activities, in order to better understand how its economic environment is likely to impact its development on the stock market.
The Moderna Therapeutics group is an American company specializing in the biotechnology sector. More specifically, the company is invested in transformative medicines based on messenger RNA or mRNA. The company has even created a platform to improve the underlying pharmaceutical properties of mRNA-based drugs.
The platform focuses on three main areas:
- mRNA Technology
- Administration technologies
- Production Process
The group is pursuing mRNA science in order to reduce unwanted activation of the immune system by mRNA and promote the potency of mRNA once in target cells. The company is also pushing forward a development pipeline of 21 different programs, 10 of which are currently in clinical studies and three have open INDs.
Among the vaccine and therapy development programs are solutions for infectious diseases, oncology, cardiovascular disease and rare genetic diseases. They are broken down into six different methods with prophylactic vaccines, cancer vaccines, intratumoral immuno-oncology, local regenerative therapies, secreted systemic therapies and intracellular systemic therapies.
An important element to mention is that Moderna is currently in the process of developing a vaccine against Covid-19.
The group employs 830 people, mainly in the United States.
Knowing Moderna shares competition:
Moderna faces rather small competition but relatively aggressive from other biotechnology companies which are developing in the same segments. Here are the main ones.
- CureVac: this bio-pharmaceutical company based in Germany specializes in the development of mRNA based therapies. It particularly focuses on the development of vaccines against infectious diseases as well as drugs against cancer and rare diseases. The business currently employs 375 people.
- Translate Bio Inc: This other American company also specializes in mRNA-based therapy. It develops drugs for the treatment of diseases caused by protein or genetic dysfunction. It runs its own therapeutic mRNA platform and creates an mRNA that codes for functional proteins.
- BioNTech: Finally, the German company BioNTech which specializes in patient specific immunotherapies for cancer treatment and other serious diseases. This company develops products using various scientific approaches and technological platforms, including individualized product candidates based on mRNA, chimeric antigen receptor T cells, immunomodulators, antibodies targeted against cancer and small molecules.
The strategic alliances set up by the Mederna group:
Now let's check out some examples of partnerships recently signed by Moderna Therapeutics with other companies and which have had an influence on this value.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals : In 2019, Moderna signed an agreement worth over $ 300 million with Vertex to develop therapies based on messenger ribonucleic acid or mRNA for the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
- Merck : In 2019, the Moderna group had already signed an important strategic partnership with the Merck group. This partnership, totalling $ 200 million plus an additional payment, the amount of which has not been revealed on human proof of concept data as part of an agreement to create personalized cancer vaccines based on mRNA.
Although these two alliances are past partnerships, we recommend that you follow closely the future partnerships of this company as its announcement could have a significant impact.