General presentation of the Roku Company:
We now offer you a more detailed presentation of the Roku Group together with its major activities.
Roku Inc. is an American company that operates a television streaming platform. It connects users to content and enables editors to continue creating content and monetise audiences and offers and announcers to engage the consumers.
The Roku platform is customisable by the user concerning the content selection with replacement offers for cable television and other streaming services adapted to the user’s budget and requirements.
Among the channels financed by advertising on the Roku platform we find CBS News, Crackle, the CW television network and Vice. The subscription channels include HBO, Hulu and Netflix and the payable television channels replacement services such as DirectTV, SlingTV and Sony Playstation Vue. There are also the transactional channels such as Amazon Video, Google Play and Vudu.
Concerning the categories of products offered by Roku we find advertising, Roku televisions, and streaming services. This company currently employs around 1,650 people around the world.
Know the competition to Roku shares:
We offer you now the opportunity to learn about the major competitors of Roku at the present time.
- WarnerMedia: This company is an American multinational media and leisure conglomerate, the second largest company worldwide for television and cinematic production as well as leisure in terms of turnover.
- NBC Universal Media LLC: This is another American media conglomerate which is a subsidiary of Comcast. It combines the activities of the groups Vivendi Universal Entertainment at the heart of NBC.
- Amazon: With its streaming service, the web giant Amazon is also a competitor of Roku.
- Google: This worldwide renowned American Group is also a competitor to Roku through its streaming offer and Chromecast. This group has been a subsidiary of the Alphabet Company since 2015.
- Apple: Finally, the last competitor to Roku is the Apple group that also offers a competitive box solution with Apple TV providing the same services as the Roku Box but which also benefits from a stronger household brand.
A good basic knowledge of these major competitors to Roku is necessary to establish an optimised strategy on this asset.
Strategic alliances implemented by the Roku Group:
To conclude this article we offer you the opportunity to learn about some of Roku’s partners on the market with details of its most significant recent strategic alliances:
- Deezer: In 2017 the group notably implemented a partnership with Deezer for the launch of a new channel on its platform. Deezer thereby became available for Roku clients in the United States and Latin America after its initial launch in France in 2015.
- Hisense: In 2019 Roku also became associated with Hisense which thereby became responsible for the manufacture of Roku televisions for the British market. These are smart televisions at a low cost.
- Apple: Finally, and still in 2019, Roku became associated with Apple in the form of a trade partnership aimed at promoting TV+ to rival the industry giant Disney+ through the launch of Apple TV+.
As you may rapidly notice from a review of the Roku Group’s activities, the latter has recently achieved a number of strategic partnerships and alliances. Alliances such as these offer you the opportunity to take strategic positions on this asset as they often lead to significant upwards movements in the price of this company’s shares.