General presentation of the Salesforce Company:
Here, you'll learn a little more about the Salesforce Company and its activities. We'll present the group in more detail along with its sources of income in order to help you understand its future challenges.
The Salesforce group is an American company specializing in the IT sector. It's currently the world's number one provider of on-demand CRM or customer relationship management software solutions.
To better understand Saleforce's activities, they can be divided into several divisions according to the percentage of turnover they generate like this:
- Online subscription sales is the major part of the group's activity and generates 93.5% of turnover. It particularly relates to applications intended to automate sales forces, to optimize the processing of commercial data, to manage call centres, to manage relationships with partners and others.
- The rest of the company's turnover, i.e. 6.5%, comes from professional services with consulting, implementation and training services.
It is also interesting to know the geographical distribution of Salesforce revenues. The group generates 71.1% of its turnover in America, 19.2% in Europe and 9.7% in Asia-Pacific.
Currently, Salesforce employs 49,000 people worldwide.
Knowing Salesforce shares competition:
Let's take a few moments to find out who the main competitors of Salesforce are and which companies you should watch out for as part of your analyses of this value.
- SAP : This Company is also one of the giants of the technological and IT industry and has notably developed integrated management software of the same name which is marketed throughout the world.
- Microsoft : The American multinational Microsoft is of course also in the race in the customer management software segment and in cloud solutions. This group operates in more than 120 countries and employs over 148,000 people.
- Oracle : Another American company to know. The Oracle group is in direct competition with Salesforce and offers a database management system, an application server, an integrated management software package and a cloud computing offer. It is also the second largest company in this sector in terms of market capitalization and turnover.
- IBM : Finally, the American group IBM is also a direct competitor of Salesforce and is present in various segments such as hardware, software and IT services.
The strategic alliances set up by the Salesforce group:
After having toured Salesforce's main competitors, discover some of its allies with two concrete examples of recently implemented partnerships:
- Microsoft Azure: In 2019, the Salesforce group announced a partnership with Microsoft Azure as a provider of its Marketing Cloud service. The new integrations will be based on existing solutions that allow common customers to gain in productivity. This particularly applies to monthly active users who use Salesforce's Microsoft Outlook to create, communicate, and collaborate.
- Snowflake: That same year, Salesforce made a significant investment in the Snowflake Company as part of a fundraiser of $ 479 million. Salesforce is interested in the Data Exchange platform of the datawarehousing cloud expert.