General presentation of the company Zoom :
We now propose you to discover a little more information about Zoom company with its main activities but also the different markets on which it operates.
Zoom Video Communications Inc. is an American company specializing in the technology sector. More specifically, Zoom is a specialist in the provision of teleconferencing and videoconferencing services.
As such, it operates a remote communication platform that combines videoconferencing, voice, audio, screen sharing, chat functionality and other services. This platform is accessible on desktop computers as well as on mobile devices such as tablets and phones.
It is also interesting to know the geographical distribution of Zoom's activities. This company achieves 80.4% of its turnover in America, 11.4% in Europe, Middle East and Africa and 8.2% in Asia Pacific.
Know the competition of the Zoom Group :
Let's now discover Zoom's competitive environment with a presentation of its main competitors on the market:
- Webex Communications Inc: This American company offers videoconferencing and web conferencing software services on demand. It belongs to the Cisco group and markets in particular the Meeting Center, Training Center, Event Center, Support Center, Sales Center, Webex Office and Webex Connect software.
- Microsoft: The American group Microsoft also operates a proprietary collaborative communication application since 2016 and called Microsoft Teams. This application integrates with the Microsoft Office 365 suite and Skype and offers extensions that can be integrated with other products. This platform is available in 25 languages and in 181 countries.
- Google: Of course, the giant Google also has its own video conferencing service, Google Meet, which replaces Google Hangout. Initially launched as a commercial service, Google Meet was offered free to users during the containment period due to the coronavirus crisis in April 2020 in a consumer version.
- Adobe: Finally, Adobe also offers Adobe Connect software that provides online conferencing and is either sold or rented to users. It offers online meetings but also e-learning and the creation of usable interactive content. Note that this software was developed by Macromedia under the name Breeze and was acquired by Adobe in 2005.
The strategic alliances set up by the Zoom Group :
After a tour of Zoom's major competitors, let's move on to the partnerships that the group has recently set up and which have led to a rise in its share price on the stock market.
- Manchester City: In particular, Zoom has signed a partnership with Manchester City and has thus become the club's official partner in the field of video communications. In return, the American company will benefit from high visibility during the club's events, including a display at the Etihad Stadium.
- Logitech: Another interesting partnership has been the one Zoom has set up with the Logitech company. Indeed, this alliance now allows Logitech customers to transform small, medium and large meeting rooms into Zoom Rooms thanks to a feature that allows them to start meetings at the touch of a button, as well as wireless content sharing via direct and wired HDMI. The solution also allows control in the centre of the room. This pre-configured system includes everything a company needs to set up a Zoom Room video conference, including a Logitech Zoom Certified ConferenceCam and its holder, a mini-PC and cable bundling mount and the Logitech Tap touch controller.