General presentation of Abbott
Let's now take a moment to learn a little more about Abbott and its specific activities. Indeed, you need to know this group and its different sources of income before you start speculating on its share price and in order to detect all its future stakes.
Abbott Laboratories Group is a US company specialising in the research, development, production and sale of pharmaceutical and medical products.
In order to better understand the activities of this company, it is possible to divide them into different segments according to the share of turnover they generate and in this way :
- Vascular devices including stent systems, dilatation catheters, arterial closures and others accounted for 38.3% of Abbott Group sales.
- Diagnostic systems and instruments accounted for 24.2% of group sales.
- Next come nutrition products, including paediatric nutrition products, nutritional supplements and dietetic products, which generate 23.2% of the company's turnover.
- Medicines including anaesthetics, antiviral products, antibiotics, inhibitors and anti-inflammatories represent 14.1% of the company's turnover.
- Finally, 0.2% of turnover is generated by ancillary products.
It is also interesting to know the geographical distribution of this group's activities. The group currently generates 35.7% of its turnover in the United States, 7.4% in China, 5.5% in Germany, 4.5% in Japan, 4.4% in India, 3.3% in Switzerland, 3.1% in the Netherlands and 36.1% in the rest of the world.
76.4% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. Trade CFDs with Plus500