If you want to start investing in Johnson & Johnson stock price online, take the time to read the information that we will provide on this page and that you will need to use to analyze its price and its possibilities of variation over time. This article will allow you to better know the activities of this American company and its different segments and sources of profits but also the competitors of the market that you must closely monitor or the recent partnerships that this group has been able to set up. We will also offer you our help in carrying out your fundamental analysis of this value.
General presentation of Johnson & Johnson:
We now invite you to learn a little more about Johnson & Johnson with a complete presentation of it and some data concerning its activities and sources of profit by activity sector. You will thus have all the information in hand to understand how this company can evolve and therefore how its title is most likely to behave.
The Johnson & Johnson Group is an American company active in the pharmaceutical and consumer goods sector. It is also one of the leaders in this sector in the world.
To better understand the activities of this group, it is possible to divide them into several poles according to the share of turnover they generate and in this way:
- The sale of pharmaceutical products, including drugs intended for the treatment of cardiovascular, oncological, gastrointestinal, immune, neurological, dermatological and other diseases represents the largest share of the company's activities and generates more than 51.4% of the turnover.
- We then find medical products and equipment for 31.6% of turnover, notably with diagnostic systems, orthopedic or gynecological products, surgical material and other devices intended for health professionals.
- Finally, the group also distributes consumer products for 17% of its turnover, including OTC drugs, ophthalmic products for which it is also the world leader in soft contact lenses with its subsidiary Acuvue, nutritional products, personal care with the Roc, Neutrogena and other brands, feminine hygiene products and even baby care.
The Johnson & Johnson group currently operates 97 production sites worldwide, including 32 in the United States, 11 in North America, 27 in Europe and 27 in Africa and Asia-Pacific.
It is also interesting to know the geographic distribution of the group's activities, which generates 51.3% of its turnover in the United States, 7.2% in North America, 22.5% in Europe and 19% in Asia-Pacific and Africa.
Know the competition for Johnson & Johnson shares:
Now take the time to explore the economic environment of the Johnson & Johnson group with a presentation of its main competitors on the market:
- GSK: The GlaxosmithKline group is notably a major competitor of J&J. This British multinational is one of the leaders in the pharmaceutical industry in the world and is the result of the merger, in 2000, of the companies Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline.
- Novartis: This other giant in the pharmaceutical sector is also a direct competitor of the group. It is a Swiss company which was also born from a merger between two companies, Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz in 1996.
- Pfizer: Finally, we will also be watching the American pharmaceutical group Pfizer, which is now present in more than 150 countries and one of the leaders in its industry worldwide, with the greatest attention. Pfizer's strategy of constantly acquiring new businesses allows it to grow rapidly in the market.
The strategic alliances set up by the Johnson & Johnson group:
Johnson's strategic allies with some examples of partnerships recently set up and which have benefited this group.
- Google: In 2015, it was none other than the web and search giant Google that forged a strategic partnership with Johnson & Johnson in the health field. The aim of this association was then to jointly develop surgical robots to help practitioners during operations with the aim of giving medical teams around the world access to the best technologies.
- Apple: Another strategic partnership was signed in 2019 with the Apple group and through the Janssen Pharmaceuticals subsidiary. The aim of this partnership is to carry out a study in atrial fibrillation, a disease which affects 33 million people worldwide and causes 130,000 deaths each year in the United States. The two companies will therefore seek to assess the impact of portable technology using the Apple Watch to detect this disease early and improve patient outcomes.
- BARDA: Finally, in 2020, the group partnered with BARDA in order to create a vaccine candidate against Covid-19. The two companies have indeed announced this selection as part of this partnership with the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority or BARDA. More than a billion dollars have already been invested in this initiative in order to finance the R&D of this vaccine