General presentation of the Aston Martin Company:
We now offer you the opportunity to learn more about the Aston Martin Group and its activities. It is in fact through a thorough knowledge of the revenue sources of this company that you will be able to correctly analyse the factors that could influence the share price of this company, either positively or negatively.
The Aston Martin Group is a British holding company that operates in the automobile sector. More precisely, this company is specialised in the creation, development, manufacturing and sales of cars.
The group also produces different ranges of cars with models including the Grand Tourer, the Vantage sports car and the Super GT. It also produces four door sports coupes such as the Rapid S as well as special edition models such as the Vantage GT12, Vantage GT8, Vanquish Zagato Coupe, Vanquish Zagato Volante, Vanquish Zagato Speedster, DB4GT Continuation and Aston Martin Vulcan.
Still relating to the major sources of revenue of the Aston Martin Group we note the provision of maintenance and repair services of vehicles sold as well as the restoration of Aston Martin models through its maintenance company, Aston Martin Works Limited.
This holding company owns and operates a number of subsidiaries including AM Brand Limited, AM Nurburgring Racing Limited, AML Italy Srl, AML Overseas Services Limited, AMWS Limited, Aston Martin Capital Holdings Limited, Aston Martin Capital Limited and Aston Martin Holdings.
This company currently employs 2,450 people.
Know the competition to Aston Martin shares:
Before learning about the recent partnerships of this company it is pertinent to learn more about the major competitors of Aston Martin. In fact, this company faces competition from some large and well established luxury and high range vehicle manufacturers such as the following:
- Ferrari: This Italian company is an automobile manufacturer based in Maranello which has existed since 1947. It is particularly specialised in luxury sports vehicles.
- Bentley: This British automobile manufacturer, created in 1919, is currently owned by the German Volkswagen Group.
- Porsche: This is also a German automobile manufacturer that was created in 1931 by an engineer who also created the first Volkswagen. Porsche is also renowned for being the most profitable automobile manufacturer in history, it is now owned by the Volkswagen Group.
- Jaguar: The Jaguar Group is in fact a British automobile brand that offers luxury and sports cars. This brand has been owned since 2008 by the Indian automobile manufacturing company, Tata Motors.
- Lamborghini: This Italian automobile manufacturer was created in 1963 and was previously specialised in agricultural equipment before diversifying then specialising in the emblematic sports cars that we know today.
- Maserati: Finally, we also take into account the competition presented by the Italian manufacturer Maserati which is one of the subsidiaries of the Fiat Chrysler Group which is specialised in luxury automobiles, sports cars and racing cars. It was created in 1914.
Strategic alliances implemented by the Aston Martin Group:
Of course, the Aston Martin Group also has allies and regularly implements strategic partnerships with other companies with the aim of boosting its sales and growth or developing new technological models. Here are a few of its more recent partnerships:
- TAG Heuer: In 2018, it was with this company that Aston Martin Racing became an official partner. This subsidiary of the French luxury products group LVMH thereby became a favoured partner of this automobile brand in the official watches sector.
- Mercedes: Another interesting partnership is that implemented by Aston Martin with the Mercedes Group. This particular alliance is a technical partnership with the sports section of this German group. More precisely this partnership has enabled Aston Martin to benefit from access to resources and the AMG engines of Mercedes and thereby the development of new V8 engine blocks in a communal fashion. In return for this contribution from Mercedes, its subsidiary, Daimler, bought 5% of the Aston Martin capital.
- Total: Finally, another partnership, an older one this time, was recently renewed by Aston Martin. This is a partnership implemented with the Total Group which is the fourth largest petroleum and gas company worldwide. To summarise, the subsidiary Aston Martin Racing, specialised in sports cars, renewed its 2016 partnership with this company for a few extra years.