In this article we will examine all the major points that will enable you to analyse the share price of the Deutsche Post Group and trade in them effectively online. In fact to assist you in preparing your investment strategy we offer you the opportunity to read useful information concerning this company with details on its activities and its economical environment as well as information on its major competitors in this activity sector and the company’s recent partnerships. We will also examine the elements that should be studied during your fundamental analysis of this asset.
General presentation of the Deutsche Post Company:
In this concise presentation of the Deutsche Post Group we will enter a little further into details of this company with information on its sources of revenue and how the company’s turnover is generated according to the various activities and the geographical sector.
Firstly it should be remembered that the Deutsche Post Group is a German company that exercises its activities in the transport and logistical services sector. To better understand the activities of this company it is possible to divide them into several categories according to the turnover amount and how it is generated.
- The logistical services solutions of this group including infrastructure management, the transport and storage of merchandise and the freight activities represent over 51.3% of the group’s turnover.
- Then we have the express delivery activities of the group which are operated under the Express and Global Mail brands which generate 25.6% of the turnover.
- The distribution of mail including letters and printed papers as well as direct marketing materials represent 22.8% of the Deutsche Post Company’s turnover.
- The remaining 0.3% of the company’s turnover is derived from other associated activities.
Concerning the geographical sources of the group’s revenue we note that Deutsche Post achieves 30.5% of its turnover in Germany and 30% from other European countries. 18.1% of its turnover is derived from America and 17.5% from Pacific Asia, the remaining 3.9% is from other countries around the world.
Know the competition to Deutsche Post shares:
Let us now examine the major competitors of Deutsche Post in the express distribution and transport / logistical sectors:
- Fedex: This American company is also an airline company specialised in the transport of international freight. It operates in over 220 countries worldwide and employs over 400,000 people with a float of 150,000 vehicles and 650 airplanes. This company owns and operates 11 major hubs in America, Europe and Asia.
- UPS: United Parcels Service is an American company that operates through a system of hubs whereby the distribution centres receive the parcels and then forward them to the hubs for sorting and sending on to their final destinations. This company is quoted on the NYSE market.
- Geopost: This is a French umbrella company that is part of the La Poste Group which combines the express parcel activities of this group in Europe and throughout the world. Geopost owns and operates 840 hubs and sorting centres that are connected by 500 international routes and in 35 European countries. It employs 26,000 people in 26 countries and includes over 20,000 delivery partners.
The strategic alliances implemented by the Deutsche post Group:
Let us now present the latest partnerships implemented by the Deutsche Post Group which have exerted a direct influence on this company’s share price:
- Total: The Total Group and Deutsche Post signed a strategic co-operative agreement in 2019 aimed at strengthening their partnership and developing their commercial objectives on an international level. Their complementary geographical locations will prove advantageous from various new commercial perspectives as both client and supplier. This partnership aims primarily at co-operating on technological and digital challenges and tackling climatic hindrances and both companies can in this way implement multi-energy projects with long term mobility and new management and logistical solutions for transport fleets as well as global forwarding, added value supply chain solutions and express mail solutions.
- Ford: In 2016, Deutsche Post signed a partnership with Ford with the intention of designing 2,500 electric vans. These vehicles were then integrated into the delivery fleet of the German group Deutsche Post at the end of 2018. Due to this partnership the Ford Group became number one in the construction of electric vans in Europe.
- Renault: Deutsche Post signed an agreement in 2014 with the French automobile constructer Renault relating to electric vehicles. The German employees of Deutsche Post were thereby supplied with Kangoo ZE vehicles from this French brand. It should be remembered here that the German Group already possessed 304 electric vehicles including the Kangoo, Zoé and Twizy models.