General presentation of Procter & Gamble:
Learn more about Procter & Gamble and its activities.
The Procter & Gamble group is an American company specializing in the consumer goods sector and one of the leaders in the manufacture and sale of consumer goods products in the world.
To better understand the group's activities, they can be divided into several divisions according to the percentage of turnover they generate as so:
- Care and hygiene products generate 38.4% of the group's turnover with oral hygiene products including toothpastes, toothbrushes and mouthwashes under brands like Crest, Oral-B and Scope, pharmaceutical products under the Vicks and Prilosec brands, baby nappies with the brand Pampers, toilet paper with the brand Charmin, paper towels with the brand Bounty or even feminine protections with the Always and Tampax brands.
- Home care and linen care products represent 32.6% of the group's turnover with dishwashing liquids, detergents, stain removers, softeners, deodorants and bleach under the brands Ariel, Downy, Dash, Tide, Bonux, Mr Clean, Swiffer, Febreze and even Ace.
- Next come beauty products with 19% of turnover, including hair care, shampoos, colorants and conditioners under the Pantene, Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences, Wella and Koleston brands, body care such as soaps, shower gel, deodorants under the Camay, Zest, Secret or Old Spices brands, cosmetic products such as make-up and face care products with the Max Factir, Covergirl and Olay brands and perfumes with the Hugo Boss, Lacoste and Escada brands.
- Finally, shaving products generate 9.1% of turnover with blades, razors or batteries under the Gilette, Mach3, Braun or Fusion brands.
Know the Procter & Gamble share competition:
Now let's take a look at the direct economic environment of Procter & Gamble with a presentation of its main competitors on the international market:
- Colgate Palmolive : This American Company is also a specialist in the production and sale of cleaning and hygiene products and an international player in this market with well-known brands.
- Henkel : The German group Henkel is another serious competitor of P&G and offers detergents and household cleaning products, cosmetics and glues and adhesives.
- Unilever : this British and Dutch company is also one of the main players in this market with many brands of cleaning products, body care and cosmetics.
- L 'Oréal: this French company specializes in cosmetic products and is an international group that is currently the world leader in this sector of activity.
- Johnson & Johnson: Finally, this American company in the pharmaceutical sector also competes with Procter & Gamble in the hygiene products and cosmetics segment.
Strategic alliances put in place by the Procter & Gamble group:
Although the Procter & Gamble group has many enemies on the market, it can also count on the support of its partners. The strategic alliances set up by the group in the past which are presented here will give you an idea of the importance of this type of operation for the growth of the company and its stock market share.
- WalMart: WalMart is one of the largest retailers that Procter & Gamble works with. It's even the leader in this sector in the USA. The two companies have set up a partnership enabling them each to be more efficient through mutual information sharing and coordination of their activities. The information system put in place includes information on transactions, operations and strategies.
- EDF: Finally, another interesting partnership is the one that Procter & Gamble has set up with the EDF Renewable Energy subsidiary of the EDF group , which specializes in renewable energies in North America. This partnership concerns the supply of wind power to all P&G North American sites by the French group.