To buy Wirecard shares at exactly the right time or trade in this asset online, we offer our assistance for the implementation of your trading strategy. In fact, to detect future movements in this asset you will need to understand the factors that can influence this company’s share price, both positively and negatively, and this is what we offer you the chance to discover here through our detailed article with its advice and essential information.
General presentation of the Wirecard Company:
We start our article with a more detailed presentation of this company. In fact, by better understanding the activities of this group you will be more able to anticipate movements in its share price.
The Wirecard group is a German company specialised in the sector of electronic payment solutions and services. More precisely, it is currently one of the largest suppliers worldwide for digital payment processing services and solutions and risk management related to financial operations such as financial crime and fraud. To better understand the activities of this company we offer a detailed breakdown of its activities according to the turnover generated by each sector:
- The development activities of online secure payment solutions and risk management represent the major part of the group’s activities with over 70.5% of its turnover.
- The activities linked to the development of processing solutions for banking transactions and the issue of credit and debit cards for companies and individuals is the second largest activity sector of this group and generates 29% of its turnover.
- Finally, the remaining 0.5% of the Wirecard Group’s turnover comes from telephone assistance services and call centre management.
Concerning the geographical distribution of the Wirecard Group’s activities, we note that this company achieves 47% of its turnover in Europe, 44.7% in Pacific Asia and 8.4% in America and Africa.
Know the competition to Wirecard shares:
Other than knowing the activities of this company in detail you will of course also need to understand the details of its activity sectors. For this you will need to learn about the competition faced by this company. Here we offer you the opportunity to read about the major competitors to Wirecard and their activities:
- Worldpay: This is currently the leader in this activity sector. This company, previously known as Streamline, then RBS WorldPay, is a payment services provider, or PSP, that was created in 1989 and is specialised in payment solutions for the internet, particularly payments completed using a credit or debit card.
- Ayden: The Ayden Company is a Dutch company that is also specialised in digital payments and financial services. This company was recently introduced onto the stock markets, in 2018 in fact, when it announced that it had achieved a value of around 17 billion dollars.
- Ingenico: Finally, the last competitor of Wirecard is the Ingenico Group which exercises its activities in the payment solutions sector and is one of the leaders in the payment terminals sector worldwide. This group in fact offers solutions in the form of materials, software and biometric transaction services as well as EMV acquisition solutions, centralised transaction flow management, merchant services and other activities. Its clients include banks, distributors, maintainers, large retailers, small traders and businesses. The company offers its clients advice and counselling, integration and operation with the creation and implementation of digital or electronic payment projects. The group also operates an e-payment platform.
The strategic alliances implemented by the Wirecard Group:
We offer you now the opportunity to learn more about the partners of the Wirecard Group with details of recent strategic alliances implemented by this company.
- Credit Agricole: Through its subsidiary Credit Agricole Payment Services, or CAPS, this French bank became a partner of Wirecard with the objective of implementing joint offers for large merchants. In this way CAPS could use the new generation Wirecard digital e-commerce platform to offer its clients a unified e-commerce solution with an exclusive Wirecard payment system integrated directly in the online e-commerce solutions available. The French merchants could thereby offer their clients a superior quality online purchase solution.
- Mizuho Bank: Another major partnership signed in 2019 was that implemented with Mizuho Bank, a major Japanese bank. This partnership was extended to include a number of different countries in the Asia Pacific area including Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand and the Philippines as well as the United States and Europe. This group in fact already offered acquisition and issuance services to its client companies by this Asian bank.
- Softbank: Finally, and again in 2019, Wirecard formed an alliance with the Softbank Group. In fact, this Japanese giant became allied with German fintech through an investment of 900 million Euros following the stock market and media crisis experienced by Wirecard relating to suspicions of embezzlement at the heart of the Asian platform in Singapore.