General presentation of the Accenture Company:
The Accenture Group is an American company specialised in management consultancy services, technological and outsourcing solutions. Although its advisory activities represent over half this company’s global turnover the outsourcing services also represent a major part, nearly 47% in fact.
The sectors targeted by this company are the automobile, distribution, travel and transport industries. The majority of its turnover is achieved in Europe and the Middle East.
Knowing the competition to Accenture shares:
The Accenture Group is currently the leader in business consultancy notably related to technological aspects and it is the second top supplier of IT services after IBM. It therefore has various competitors in the IT and technological services sectors which we offer you the opportunity to learn about here in detail.
Strategic alliances implemented by the Accenture Group:
- Michelin: In 2008, Accenture and Atos Origin were selected by the Michelin Group to become its partners for the research and development in the business intelligence sector with these two companies taking the responsibility for the creation, maintenance and development of strategic applications worldwide.
- Microsoft: In 2015, it was the Microsoft Group that called on a number of partners including Accenture as well as Dell and HP for the development of its Surface Pro tablet in response to the recent launch of the iPad Pro tablet by its major competitor Apple.
- Engie: In 2016, the French group Engie also called on Accenture to complete its digital redesign and transformation. Engie also called on the services of Fjord, the design studio of the group to revamp its customer assistance service.
Introduction and quotation of the Accenture share price:
The Accenture share price is quoted on the NYSE stock market in the United States. It is also included in the calculation of the S&P100 stock market index.
Stock market data
If you are contemplating investing in the Accenture share price shortly then you will need the information from a technical analysis together with a fundamental analysis so you can anticipate future movements in this share price on the markets. However, it is also extremely important to be aware of the position of the Accenture Company on the international market. Further to the information that we gave you earlier regarding the activities of this company and its historical share price over the last few years we now culminate this article by providing you with more general but still important information that will assist you in trading on the Accenture share price by implementing a successful trading strategy.
- In 2019 the total stock market capital of the Accenture Company was 117,941.17 million U.S. dollars.
- The number of shares issued by the Accenture Company and currently in circulation on the stock markets is 637,141,000.
- The Accenture share price is currently quoted on the Main Market of the NYSE stock market in the United States.
- The Accenture Company is also included in the American stock market Index S&P100 (Standard & Poor’s) and therefore takes its place among the largest stock market capitalisations of this country.
- Major shareholdings in the Accenture Company include the following: 8.1% by the Vanguard Group, 6% by the Massachusetts Financial & Services Company and 6.1% held by the Black Rock Investment Fund. The remaining shares are held by various professional entities and individuals through the stock markets and are considered as floating shares.
The stock market charts of the Accenture share price are generally positive as this asset has followed an overall rising trend over more than ten years. In fact, the only clear trend that can be observed during this period is a buying trend with a major increase during this decade as this share price rose from $39 at the end of 2009 to over $139 at the end of 2019.
However, certain micro-movements can be observed during this period and notably since March 2018 with a growth in volatility. A primary correctional downtrend can be noted with the share price passing from 161 to 150 dollars between March and April 2018 before resuming a rise to 170 dollars in September 2018. Then we note a new downward correction to 135 dollars in January 2019 followed by a clear rise to 197 dollars, a historical record for this asset that was achieved in August 2019.
The advantages and strong points of Accenture shares as a stock market asset:
Firstly, it should be noted that the Accenture Group differentiates itself from its competitors through its specialisation in innovative technological solutions.
We also appreciate the international positioning strategy of this company as the Accenture Group exercises its activities in over 120 countries throughout the world which protects it from geo-economical risks.
Accenture also benefits from a significant position in the consultancy sector. In fact, at present, the group is placed among the most profitable companies in this sector worldwide which makes it even more attractive to investors and analysts.
The mobility management of the Accenture Group employees is also not left to chance and is in fact often highlighted as being one of the strong points of the company. By using the same procedures to approach different subjects and projects the employees can pass from one sector to another without further training or redeployment procedures.
Still relating to the strong points of the Accenture Group we do of course also note the well thought out marketing strategy of this group which invests heavily in the creation and advertising of brands that become well known through various communications channels open to the company.
Finally it is also clear that the Accenture Group can count on its significant workforce with no less than 250,000 employees worldwide.
The disadvantages and weak points of Accenture shares as stock market assets:
Firstly, the Accenture Group has not yet been able to position itself in the SME sector given the major competition it faces there. It is therefore highly dependent on the large companies that represent the majority of its client list.
The competition worldwide is also very strong for Accenture which must face giants in this activity sector and therefore needs to double its efforts simply to keep its position. This major competition contributes to a lack of growth in this company’s market share.